Contributing

Jul 1, 2013 at 9:51 AM
Edited Jul 1, 2013 at 8:14 PM
This is a pretty great library. It's obvious a lot of work has been put into it. I've been working on some updates to squeeze a little more speed out of it. I've also updated it to use the .NET 4.5 / C# 5 async improvements. Out goal is to eventually replace a busy BIND installation with a DNS server built on this code base. I'd love to contribute the code to both help the community and receive some feedback.

If this is something you'd be interested in let me know. If there's another way I could help out I'd be interested. It may be interesting to move the source over to GitHub where it would likely see more adopters and hopefully more contributors. Or at least get the code up on CodePlex.
Jul 3, 2013 at 7:46 AM
CodePlex do have git support although the current project was set to use mercurial so I'm not sure if it can be changed without creating a new project.

You can always publish your changes to your own repo at GitHub, that way we could still have a look at your suggested changes.
Jul 16, 2013 at 8:49 AM
Specifically I think the socket code could be enhanced. For example implementing the SocketAsyncEventArgs asynchronous pattern for both UDP and TCP. I did some very rough testing over the weekend that looked promising. The code is in very early stages and nothing I'm ready to share yet. I'm using this article http://blogs.msdn.com/b/pfxteam/archive/2011/12/15/10248293.aspx and the Super Socket code as a base. I'll certainly share my code when I'm done.