Tested versions of Mono

Sep 3, 2011 at 6:14 PM

Hi,

I've been using this fab library for a while and am trying to run my app using the dns server library under newer versions of mono, without much luck.  The app runs, but only for a minute or less and the server seems to stop listening for requests. No error is generated.  I've run it perfectly under mono 2.4.4, but due to memory issues I'm trying to run under 2.10.x.  Using the latest stable, the app starts and will run fine under testing manully, but put any high load on it and it soon stops working.  The new mono brings new garbage collection and better performance, which is why I'm trying to test it. I don't see this issue with .net, so I guess it's a mono problem.

I was wondering what the latest version of mono this has been tested OK with?

Thanks.

Coordinator
Sep 8, 2011 at 3:53 PM

I'm running an app using the library under Unbuntu using Mono 2.6 without any problems in a high load environment. This is the latest version I tested so far.

I hope, that I can run some tests using the Beta of Ubuntu 11.10 and Mono 2.10 in a couple of days.

Jan 22, 2012 at 7:31 AM
Edited Jan 22, 2012 at 7:31 AM

As an update, using mono 2.10.8 on ubuntu 10.4 lts, I can stop the dns server working within a minute or so using dnsperf.  It looks like it might be a race somwhere as the rest of the app continues to function fine.  A few replies are logged perhaps minutes later.  If you use server.stop and server.start the app continues normally and requests are recieved again.  Currently have a resolve test internal to the program that runs the stop and start method if it hangs up.  Let me know if there's anything I can do to get more info to assist.